Visitor Visas

A Visitor Visa (Subclass 600) will allow you to come to Australia temporarily as a tourist, for a period between 3 and 12 months. You will be able to visit family and friends and holiday in Australia which includes cruising. If you are entering Australia whilst on a cruise, you must obtain a Visitor Visa. This visa does not, however, allow you to work or come to Australia to receive medical treatment. 

You will be able to study for a maximum of three months, if you wish to study whilst you travel. If the primary reason for your stay in Australia is to study, a Student Visa will better suit your needs. 

If you are coming to Australia for a business trip, you can obtain a Visitor Visa to stay in Australia for up to three months. As a business visitor, you can undertake activities such as visit trade fairs and seminars, however you cannot work for a business or provide services to a business or the public. If you wish to work in Australia, a Working Visa would be more suitable. 

Are you looking to apply for an Australian Visitor Visa? Immico tourist visa consultants are very passionate about helping people to achieve their dream of travelling to Australia and can provide you with expert visa advice on which Visitor Visa will best serve your needs. 

Visa conditions and the specifics regarding Immigration to Australia are subject to change, at the discretion of the Australian Government.

For the latest information on the conditions and regulations, as well as the services that we offer, speak to our Immico Immigration and Visa Experts. Otherwise information can be found directly from the Department of Home Affairs.


Checklist of Requirements (pdf)

FORM 54 (pdf)

FORM 956 (pdf)